PATIENTS RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To receive service within a reasonable period of time.
- To receive medically necessary services.
- To be treated with respect and courtesy.
- To receive all available information about your care and treatment, including risks and options.
- To have your medical coverage explained to you.
- To have all medical and personal records treated as confidential.
- To participate in treatment decisions.
- To refuse treatment.
- To receive impartial access to treatment.
- To receive a second opinion regarding any treatment plan.
- To review or to receive a copy of your medical record subject to legal restrictions and reasonable copying charges.
- To request review of your medical record by the physician, and to request corrections if necessary.
- To be given information on how to file a complaint/grievance.
- To formulate an advance directive if you have a life threatening illness or injury.
- To provide, or have provided for you, an interpreter in your primary language.
- Having appropriate identification, insurance, membership cards, coverage stickers, etc, at the time of the appointment
- Keeping appointments or contacting this office in advance to cancel an appointment.
- Fulfilling financial obligations at the time of service such as deductible or co-pay fees.
- Providing complete and accurate information.
- Following the health plan you and the physician agree on.
- Being considerate of others
- Providing legal documentation of guardianship of a minor being treated.
- Providing a list of persons who may receive medical information about you, on your behalf, in an emergency.
You have the right to obtain a free of charge copy of the actual benefit provision, guideline, protocol or other similar
criterion on which a denial decision was based by calling Riverside Physician Network at 951-788-9800.